I’ve got another Ask Me Anything again! Today, I’m answering a question someone submitted through the ‘Ask Me Anything’ link at the top of the page. Curious what the #AskMeAnything is? Check out the official AMA page on my site over here.
Q: Will Thalia ever return in another book?
A: Ah, this reader was SO sweet because they also wrote some very nice things about how much they enjoyed the Thalia Series. For those of you who haven’t read it yet, the Thalia series is a dark, capture fantasy series that morphs into some hot books of BDSM done right through things that happen that I won’t ruin in this post. There are three full books in the series:
- Security Binds Her (Thalia #1) – This is dark, capture fantasy and I beg you to heed that warning before you dive in. It has been a #1 bestseller in BDSM and Suspense Erotica a few times on Amazon, and featured twice on BookBub, so I’ll also say that people do seem to enjoy it. ^_^
- Striking a Balance (Thalia #2) – Follows Thalia and James as they try to figure out a balance in their BDSM relationship.
- Salvaged by Love (Thalia #3) – Continues with James and Thalia, but the series comes to a thrilling conclusion that brings back plenty of dark and devious capture fantasy elements!
Before I ever started publishing on Amazon, I wrote all three of these books (well, the first drafts anyway) on a lovely site called Literotica. Many of the authors you know and love in erotica started there. Addison Cain, Livia Grant, Sophie Kisker, Eris Adderly, Tara Crescent and many more… We all got our feet wet there and really honed our voices with the advantage of instant reader feedback chapter-by-chapter. We all have a special place in our hearts for Lit, and as a thank you to all of those awesome fans of Thalia, I wrote a little novella called ‘Christmas at Purgatory’ while I was in the middle of working on ‘Salvaged by Love’. It won the Reader’s Choice award on the site for the month of December that year, and the little blue ‘W‘ that sat by this story for a long time made my heart happy.
- Christmas at Purgatory (Thalia Extra #1) – Just 99 cents, or free on KU, this short little romp takes James and Thalia back to the submissive training school called Purgatory for a little menage holiday fun!
Now, the fact that I gave Christmas at Purgatory the subheading of ‘Thalia Extra #1’ has hinted for a long time that I planned to write more in the Thalia universe, and the truth is that – yes, I do plan to write another Thalia story!
While I’m not sure when I’ll be able to fit it into the writing schedule, I’ve wanted to write about James and Thalia’s wedding for a long time. It will be another novella, a little extra to add to the world of Thalia, and we’ll get visits from all of your favorite kinky friends from Purgatory, including Maggie and Kalen!
Things were much simpler back in the days of Literotica. I wasn’t self-publishing at all, I didn’t have a real-life publisher that I promised books to as well, and I really only had the world of Thalia in my head. Now there are so many books on my to-do list that I have to prioritize in a few different ways.
- A) Books that have deadlines/commitments come first, and lately those have been more frequent. This is AWESOME because it means that my publisher and other authors like my work enough to want more books from me and to invite me into fantastic opportunities like the Twisted Fairytales box set, the amazing series I’m starting with Livia Grant, and a secret project with a TON of authors from Blushing Books that will come out throughout 2017.
- B) Series that are already in-progress can’t be abandoned, because there are readers that want to know what happens next, and that makes me all kinds of warm & fuzzy, and of course I want to continue those stories too. The Daughters of Eltera series will have another book coming in 2017, and so will the Dangerous Games series! Those series aren’t finished, and so they need to keep going.
- C) I have to have inspiration. I’m a pantser when it comes to writing, meaning I write the movie that’s playing in my head, and Thalia and James have sort of been put-to-bed mentally. Their story has been told, and so it takes some special, dedicated focus to bring them back to life and tell another story about them. Do I want to (and plan to) do it? Absolutely. Can I promise a specific date? Unfortunately, no. (and before you ask, I also know that people want more from Cara and Saif and Ben from the novella The Invitation, and that has been floating on my writing wish list for a long time too!)
I will say that I’ve got Thalia on my neverending to-write list for 2017 and if inspiration strikes, I promise you will see a Thalia Extra #2 popping up, and it will be fun and kinky and delightful.
Hope this answered your question! And please, ask me more questions! I love to answer them.